Privacy and cookies
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your visits to and use of this website;
- information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
Information about website visits
We may collect information about you computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies (for example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector). This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal data
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us).
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping any passwords confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Some examples of cookie usage are:
- Storing information to personalise the website to your requirements
- A website that sells things may use a cookie to record items you have in a shopping basket
- Cookies can be used to record users behaviour on a website, for example to record the pages they have viewed
There are two different types of cookie that can be placed in your browser by a website:
- Session cookies are only used for the period you use the website, and are deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future.
- Persistent cookies remain in your browser once you have left the site and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the site the information in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous visit, for example to display certain things on the homepage. Persistent cookies will expire if the website that set them is not visited again within a certain time.
Cookies on this website
We use a Google Analytics cookie on our website to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website, and we do not share this information with anyone.
Managing cookies on your computer
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit the About Cookies website (opens in new window).
You can choose to block the cookies that are set by the Green Oak Carpentry Company website, however you must be aware that doing so may mean that parts of the site will not work correctly.
The law that controls how cookies are used on websites has changed. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website (opens in new window).
For pictures and information about our complete service please download our brochure (PDF format).Download
"Thank you for the frame that you have just finished at Rogate. It was a miserable wet day, yesterday and John and team carried on regardless. We are delighted with the overall look and also the mouldings to the members. As usual, the frame was millimetre accurate and will be easy to take forward to complete the building."Bob, Trembath Associates
"We wanted to write to you to express our profound gratitude for the excellent work you have done on our building scheme. It cannot have been easy to pick up the project from another architect when there were still a number of issues unresolved, but you have done so brilliantly and remained calm throughout, even at fraught times. We really do appreciate that you have gone the extra mile for us. We have all enjoyed working with you and have been so impressed with the quality of your work."Alastair, The Early Years Project
"Thanks for the excellent job which has just been completed on the Oak Frame extension to the above property. Not only is the quality of the work faultless, it is a true work of art, which will bring endless enjoyment to me and my wife. The end result has surpassed our wildest expectations."Ray Nicolaides
"Seems a long time since we finished with the garden room project but we have to say that it has been a huge success in every aspect. The room has become the place of choice for visitors. I can guarantee that everyone, yes everyone who visits, is blown away by the frame."Mel, Moat Farm
"Everyone is very impressed with the finished result and I thought I would just take the opportunity of belatedly giving my thanks to you and your team for a job very well done. I have submitted the bridge for a Civic Society award for next year and have every expectation of its success."P White, Northholt & Greenford Countryside Park Manager